Monday, March 31, 2008

KOSUKE!

The worst part about the first full day of baseball is that it's on a Monday. Fortunately I have a rather flexable schedule and the rain in Chicago allowed me to listen to the begining and watch the end of the Cubs-Brewers game. I'm looking forward to taking in the Twins-Angels tonight on ESPN as Torii Hunter plays his first game in the Metrodome as a visitor.

But right now while messing around with the layout of the blog I just witnessed the first MLB home run of Kosuke Fukudome. After watching Kerry Wood give up 3 runs in the top of the 9th of a scoreless game that saw Carlos Zambrano leave early with cramping in his pitching hand (I've never seen a team with more cramping problems than the Cubs over the past couple years). Fukudome came up after the great Eric Gagne (seriously this guy was named in the Mitchell Report after he was given a $10 million contract this off-season, my first nominee for the bone head move of the season) walked the previous two batters and crushed one to right center field to tie the game at 3.
More to come....
Bull shit, Cubs lose 4-3 in 10 innings. Heroics wasted....

No comments: