Tuesday, April 1, 2008

How did I get myself into this?

I've always enjoyed fantasy football and have participated pretty seriously for the past 5 years in a league with some friends. I'm also a huge baseball fan, but I have avoided the fantasy baseball world because I was just worried that I would just get too involved in it to enjoy the season. Well CSD over at Confessions of a Sports Junkie got me in a league this season and I'm sure that I will eventually regret the decision.

But, in the meantime I'll enjoy my first foray into the world of fantasy baseball. After a rough draft experience that saw many autopicks due to connection issues at ESPN I finally have a team. I can already tell that I am way to starting pitching heavy and my middle infield is quite suspect, but that's life when you get the first overall pick (just like in fantasy football). So here's the lineup after the draft....


C Joe Mauer, Min
1B Ryan Garko, Cle
2B Dustin Pedroia, Bos
3B Alex Rodriguez, NYY
SS Khalil Greene, SD
2B/SS Kelly Johnson, Atl
1B/3B Carlos Delgado, NYM
OF Nick Markakis, Bal
OF Chris Young, Ari
OF Jermaine Dye, CWS
OF Delmon Young, Min
OF Randy Winn, SF
UTIL Travis Hafner, Cle
Bench Akinori Iwamura, TB
Bench Geovany Soto, CHC
Bench Barry Bonds, FA

P Jake Peavy, SD
P Brandon Webb, Ari
P Aaron Harang, Cin
P Chris Young, SD
P Jeremy Bonderman, Det
P Mark Buehrle, CWS
P Oliver Perez, NYM
P Jeremy Accardo, Tor
P Pat Neshek, Min (check out his blog too)

Like I said, I know I have way to many starting pitchers. I have pretty much no way of winning on saves at any point. I also took Barry Bonds with my Mr. Irrelevant pick. I'm almost 100% sure he'll be gone next week. Who knows if anyone will sign this guy with all the baggage. Anyways, I'm open to suggestions or ideas on improving this roster. This being my first go around I'm looking for all the help I can get to take down CSD.

No comments: