Friday, March 28, 2008

Metro (1997)

I was up really, really late tonight and I caught the movie Metro on TBS. Eddie Murphy played a cop hunting down a jewel thief who killed a friend and took his girl friend hostage. Michael Rapaport also stars in the movie as Murphy's negotiator in training.

This wasn't a bad movie. I have to say I don't think I've ever watched a movie with Eddie Murphy where he played a dramatic role. There isn't much humor in the movie like you usually expect from Murphy or Rapaport. To be honest I only watched this movie because I got busy doing some work and drinking a couple beers and next thing I knew I got hooked. That seems to happen a lot with movies on TBS, TNT, FX, USA, etc. I've always liked Eddie Murphy and I just love Michael Rapaport. I was seriously bummed when his series The War at Home was taken off the air. It was one of the top priorities on my TiVo. Anyways, this movie isn't bad. It held my attention at this late hour of the evening (I guess morning). The action is decent and the story isn't half bad. If you are a fan of action cop movies I guess this one would be right up your alley. I give it 3.5 out of 4 stars.

No comments: