Friday, May 9, 2008

Mark Grace, Twins & Other Ramblings

Mark Grace sang the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley this afternoon and was kind enough to sing "root for the Cubbies" for the Wrigley faithful. Take that D'Back fans! It's great to see Grace embrace his Cub history. There was a little falling out after he left and won a World Series with the D'Backs. Mark Grace is a Cub and will always be a Cub.


The Minnesota Twins visited the Chicago White Sox earler this week and dropped 2 of 3. I was lucky enough to attend the game on Tuesday. The White Sox' Gavin Floyd flirted with a no hitter into the 9th when Joe Mauer laced a double to left center with one out. I was actually rooting for Floyd to get the no hitter since the Twins were getting killed by 6 runs in the 9th inning. Personally I think it would have been kind of a weak no hitter as I believe that the official scorer gave an error to Carlos Quentin earlier in the game on a fly ball to left field that your average left fielder probably wouldn't have made. CQ made a great effort on the play but dropped the ball. The dropped ball led to a run later in the inning that went unearned. Either way it was a fun game to watch and I was glad I was able to see Floyd's performance.


I added a new link to the favorites today...The Heckler is a great site for Chicago sports fans to get a good laugh. I used to frequent the site, but I'd forgot about it over the last couple years. Len Casper and Bob Brenley mentioned the satirical newspaper during their broadcast today and it brought me back to the site. Check it out from time to time for some light hearted fun at the expense of Chicago sports teams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark Grace may have sang for the Cubs, but he's still a D-Backs. He might have history, but that all it is. No offense to the Cubs. I'm just adding my two cents... have a nice day.